Kiln Dried Mineral Sea Salt
Natural, pure Mineral Sea Salt allows lower sodium by 25% with organic certification
"A uniquely different Sea Salt"
100% NATURAL, PURE, FREE FLOWING MINERAL SEA SALT KILN DRIED - NO ADDITIVES
We take our Natural Mineral Sea Salt and Flash Dry it in our custom built Ceramic Kiln. This fuses the Minerals to the Sea Salt at 400° retaining the mineral s but removing the moisture. So this is the first Free Flowing Sea Salt without any additives.
- Wonderfully intense mineral rich taste profile – “Tastes like a mouthful of Seawater”
- Non oxidised smooth intense Sea Salt harvested through sealed pressurised system.
- Higher Minerals (Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, Sulphur and all the trace elements)
- Lower Sodium (and use up to 25% less due to higher minerals and intense taste profile)
- Fine powder like grain dissolves & disperses rapidly.
- Perfect Ingredient Sea Salt - Quality to match the rest of your ingredients.
- Why compromise on flavour? – It’s all about the taste, bout the taste.
- Healthier – More minerals, lower Sodium – Use less.
- Pure - No Additives, Sea Salt as nature intended.
- Crystal white yet unwashed to retain all the goodness
- Totally Irish – Natural, Pure and Local.
- PDO Protected Designation of Origin (EU Commission)
- Packed with natural mineral electrolytes
What is Non-Oxidised Sea Salt?
From when we pump ocean water in to our facility until we harvest our Mineral Sea Salt, it is in a sealed pressurised system, so it never comes in contact with the air. This means that the tiny powder like crystals are formed without oxygen meaning it is non-oxidised. The result is a pure crystal white Sea Salt with more natural Minerals meaning lower sodium and a more powerful yet smoother taste profile.
NB: All other Sea Salt is harvested and dried in open air so from this it gains its slight off white colour and it’s sharp/sour taste. To make it white again, they must wash it which removes many of the minerals.
An Award Winning Sea Salt – An Ancient Sea Course – A Powerful Taste
Ed O’Donnell, O’Donnells Crisps: “We tried a range of Sea Salts, but the taste profile of Oriel Sea Salt was supreme, these crisps have a wonderfully addictive taste"
Ross Lewis, Chapter One: "It's not until you taste this salt that you realise how clean and pure its flavour could and should be. And it's Irish we should all be using it!!!"
Noel Mc Meel, Lough Erne Resort: "Everyone should be using this, a super ingredient and it’s Irish”
Ed Cooney, The Pearl at The Merrion Hotel: “Finally, a Sea Salt that does not overpower the dish but elevates the overall taste, super and Irish"
Debbie “Cakebombs”: “If Oriel Sea Salt was a coffee, it would be the finest roast blend, and the rest would just be de-caff”
Darren Harris, National Bakery College DIT: “We found it to be very good, I was able to reduce salt down by 25% on average without difficulties in processing. I found it to be of good flavor and it had a clean taste. That said we really liked the breads that had a high level of your sea salt also!”
Fred Pillavoune, Bakery Fallon & Byrne: “Our new Focaccia bread made with Oriel Mineral Sea Salt is simply another world”
Joe McNamee, The Menu, Irish Examiner: “Teeling’s Irish Whiskey Smoked Sea Salt is the culinary equivalent of a unicyclist balancing a pile of dinner plates atop a long pole, the other end of which is perched precariously on the tip of his put-upon proboscis—the concept alone is both terrifying and ridiculous and in reality it shouldn’t work at all yet somehow it does, three stonking great flavours, whiskey, smoke, salt, piled on top of each other and coming together in what can only be described as a very vigorous harmony”
Domini Kemp, Itsa Food Company: “A lovely Irish Sea Salt which has a better flavor and stronger taste which means you can use less of a great natural product”