Teeling Whiskey Smoked Sea Salt
Teeling Whiskey Smoked Mineral Sea Salt
"Teeling Whiskey Smoked is something special"
We take our Kiln Dried Mineral Sea Salt and 90 yr old Nicauraguan Oak kegs freshly emptied from hand crafted Teeling Irish Whiskey to create this incredible powerhouse of flavour.
Chef and editor of The Menu in The Irish Examiner, Joe McNamee, managed to put it’s culinary effect into words: “Oriel’s new Teeling Irish Whiskey Smoked Sea Salt is the culinary equivalent of a unicyclist balancing a pile of dinner plates atop a long pole, the other end of which is perched precariously on the tip of his put-upon proboscis - the concept alone is both terrifying and ridiculous and in reality it shouldn’t work at all yet somehow it does, three stonking great flavors, whiskey, smoke, salt, piled on top of each other and coming together in what can only be described as a very vigorous harmony”
- Wonderfully intense oak and whiskey infused mineral rich taste profile.
- Oak and whiskey notes top off a smooth intense Sea Salt.
- Higher Minerals (Magnesium, Calcium, Potassium, Sulphur and all the trace elements)
- Lower Sodium (and use up to 25% less due to higher minerals and intense taste profile)
- Fine powder like grain dissolves & disperses rapidly.
- Perfect Ingredient Sea Salt - Quality to match the rest of your ingredients.
- Why compromise on flavour? – It’s all about the taste, bout the taste.
- Healthier – More minerals, lower Sodium – Use less.
- Pure - No Additives, Sea Salt as nature intended.
- Crystal white yet unwashed to retain all the goodness
- Totally Irish – Natural, Pure and Local.
- PDO Protected Designation of Origin (EU Commission)
- Packed with natural mineral electrolytes
What is Non-Oxidised Sea Salt?
From when we pump ocean water in to our facility until we harvest our Mineral Sea Salt, it is in a sealed pressurised system, so it never comes in contact with the air. This means that the tiny powder like crystals are formed without oxygen meaning it is non-oxidised. The result is a pure crystal white Sea Salt with more natural Minerals meaning lower sodium and a more powerful yet smoother taste profile.
A Legend of two great brands is born with the Spirit of Dublin and Kingdom of Oriel united.
Ed O’Donnell, O’Donnells Crisps: “We tried a range of Sea Salts, but the taste profile of Oriel Sea Salt was supreme, these crisps have a wonderfully addictive taste"
Ross Lewis, Chapter One: "It's not until you taste this salt that you realise how clean and pure its flavour could and should be. And it's Irish we should all be using it!!!"
Noel Mc Meel, Lough Erne Resort: "Everyone should be using this, a super ingredient and it’s Irish”
Ed Cooney, The Pearl at The Merrion Hotel: “Finally, a Sea Salt that does not overpower the dish but elevates the overall taste, super and Irish"
Debbie “Cakebombs”: “If Oriel Sea Salt was a coffee, it would be the finest roast blend, and the rest would just be de-caff”
Darren Harris, National Bakery College DIT: “We found it to be very good, I was able to reduce salt down by 25% on average without difficulties in processing. I found it to be of good flavor and it had a clean taste. That said we really liked the breads that had a high level of your sea salt also!”
Fred Pillavoune, Bakery Fallon & Byrne: “Our new Focaccia bread made with Oriel Mineral Sea Salt is simply another world”
Domini Kemp, Itsa Food Company: “A lovely Irish Sea Salt which has a better flavor and stronger taste which means you can use less of a great natural product”